First let me say that I am astounded that not only have you guys kept following after such a long time, but that I still get a few followers from time to time Now I started this blog as a joke to make fun of my friend’s successful blog Nerdyfacts. While I’m not nearly to the level of that blog, I have built up a surprising following and I feel bad leaving you all high and dry.
So, onto the main point of this post. I am handing the reigns over to someone else. I am too busy to keep up with it and I’d hate to just let it die. There will be a contest beginning now to decide who gets to take over the blog.
RULES: 1. You will submit your own “nerddyfacts” to my ask box.
2. They have to be fake. If you have an interesting real fact, send it to my friend.
3. They have to be funny and or frustrate people. (I received so much hate mail by saying Deadpool inspired Deathstroke. This is a good thing.) Bonus points if its also believable.
4. Don’t get too obscure. We all love an in-joke but you’re still trying to appeal to a wide audience. It can be a little obscure, but very few people remember every detail of everything.
5. Keep it nerdy. I’m talking about fandom stuff here specifically. This isn’t a random fake fact blog. That already exists. Also science facts don’t really work unless its the science of a fandom. We aren’t that kind of blog.
6. Submit at least 5 entries. More are welcome, but don’t go overboard either.
7. I will pick the best group of facts. One golden fact in a heap of garbage won’t win you the blog. I need to see consistent good ideas.
8. You have till June 1st to get in your submissions. The winner will be chosen very shortly after Anyway, good luck and may the best liar win.
For those of you wondering
I found myself unable to create facts earlier this week and weekend, and will be too busy this upcoming weekend as well. While I am technically free at this current moment, I would much rather just inform you all that facts will resume Monday sharp to connect the absent periods